9-5 v6 TiD engine

Hi

any opinions (good, bad or otherwise) on the 3 ltr diesel turbo for the 9-5?

i have the chance to get a 1 year old ex demonstrator for a good price, so i am interested in experience from others.

this will be a work car, with 25 to 30,000 miles /yr

FWIW it seemed a very smooth, high torque, quiet diesel on an hours test drive.

Reply to
shope

"shope" skrev i en meddelelse news:RDVFc.233$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe1-win.ntli.net...

Here in Denmark, the press has said the diesel to be a bit noise, compare to other cars in it's class. But allround the engine (from Isuzu) is quite durable and stable.

Cheers!

Reply to
Henrik B.

Most pepole wouldn't say that Opel and Isuzu sounds similar.

Reply to
Goran Larsson

thanks for the reply

i tried a 2.2 diesel as well (which is an Isuzu or similar sounding name) - that was much more noisy than the 3.0 diesel.

The 2.2 is being phased out - i was told it doesnt meet the latest standard for diesels in Europe, so they cant sell it after the end of 2004 in a new car.

Reply to
stephen

Yes, but my reply was about the 2.2 liter Opel diesel, not the 3.0 liter Isuzu diesel.

Reply to
Goran Larsson

Isuzu supplies diesel engines to Chevrolet, Honda, Opel, Renault and Saab. The 3.0L diesel is common to Saab 9-5, Renault Vel Satisfied, Renault Espace.

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

According to what I read, Opel will stop manufacturing the 2.2, so they have no choice. It is going to be replaced by the 1.9 JTD engines from Alfa Romeo. That should be a big improvement, as they are much more refined (and in the 150hp version also more powerful).

Has anybody driven a 9-3SS TiD? How does it compare to the previous model

9-3 TiD (92 kW)? This model has the same engine, which I think is quite noisy for todays standards.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Gerritsma

Well, Kinda drove the 150 BHP Diesels.... but not in the Sab but an Alfa 156. This diesel in my opinion is much better then the same car with the 2 ltr pertol engine. Almost as quick. Missing 1.2 sec from 0 to 60 and about 8 km in top speed. Fuel consumption 7.3 ltr/100 (flying Kilometers)

Is promessing for a 9-3 of even the 9-5

Erik

9000 2.3 CSE
Reply to