94 NG 900s stalls occassionally

My daughters 900s runs perfectly 99.9% of the time.

Once in a while it will buck pretty bad and then stall - usually while in slow traffic. Needless to say she is afraid to drive the thing. I have brought it to Saab and to 2 mechanics They have been stumped because there is no 'Check Engine' light and they get no codes from the OBD.

Could a bad PCV valve cause this?

Has anyone experienced this before?

Where should I start?

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to
Mike

PCV valve won't do anything like this. Start by checking the fuel pump relay.

Reply to
James Sweet

Do you have a 4 cyl or the V-6? My daughter's V-6 94 NG had a problem with stalling and occasionally running rough (with 95K miles). We changed the spark plugs, and voila -- 32 mpg on the highway! By the way, if it is a V-6, the rear plugs may never have been changed -- you have to pull the intake manifold to get at them, and it's roughly a $400 job to have done professionally (as we found out!).

My other Swedish car (850 GLT) had almost the same thing happen -- stalled on start, and wouldn't restart. I suspected the fuel pump, and had it towed. It also turned out to be two spark plugs fouled with oil, and the other three flooded from starting. Another $340 lesson.

Keith

James Sweet wrote:

Reply to
Keith

Wasn't my car, I was just replying to someone else.

Reply to
James Sweet