9-3 gas mileage?

I'm wondering about gas mileage for the 9-3 (previous generation, 99-03 or whatever). What are everyone's experiences? (please note manual or automatic). I'm most interested in highway mileage, as I don't drive much locally.

Matt O.

Reply to
Matt O'Toole
2002 version = 24-26 mpg depending on aggressivness (automatic)

Reply to
SPL

2001 Convertible with the HOT engine and auto gearbox is 12.2 l per 100klm in mixed driving.
Reply to
indecisive

For my 00 Viggen I typically get 28-30MPG..cruising in the 85-90 range, using boost when appropriate.

Reply to
WitchDr

I have a 2001 9-3 with the 185HP engine. I'd say the mileage is somewhere around 24-25 city and 29-30 hwy.

Rob

2001 9-3
Reply to
rob pazdan
2001 9-3: Mid 20's mpg in 40%city, 60%highway driving (5spd).
Reply to
J. Harris

The best mileage I have ever achieved on my '99 9-3 185hp was 40mpg on a

200mile round-trip in prairie platte, no wind. Usually highway mileage is around 34-36 mpg. Mixed smalltown / highway driving typically results 24-25 mpg, or 20mpg if spirited.

BTW; These are US units.

BR:Z

Reply to
Zon

I have the 205hp engine in a '02 9-3 convertible. On highways at a steady

75mph, you'll score in the very high 20s or very low 30s - but you have to keep things steady. There'll be stretches where it'll look you're doing 40mpg, but those never last long. Perhaps on perfectly flat highways without wind... In city driving, it's fully depending o how well you control the urge to enjoy some turbo rush - I've done everything from scoring around a miserable 15mpg when really indulging consistently, all in hevy traffic, to very reasonable 23mpg or so under indentical heavy traffic conditions when driving conservatively (but never slow).

I consider the fuel efficiency of the car very good. On long highway runs I can do 400 miles in a stretch (basically go all the way from where I livein the Bay Area to Los Angeles) in one go, which I have never done with any of my previous cars despite the fact their official MPG numbers ought to have allowed for it...

...pablo

Reply to
pablo

2000 Aero Manual 243Bhp HOT engine: 32.2 mpUSg cruising @ 75 mph return trip Baltimore MD to Toronto, ON includes about 1/2 level throughway and 1/2 through low mountains of PA and NY