Advice needed..looking at 2001 9-5 SE with 77k

Hi everyone ~

Looking to replace my wife's 99 Ford with a 2001 9-5 Se with the 3.0 v6. Dealer asking $7500.

Good price? Good car? Vehicle appears to be in good shape. What needs to be replaced at 77k? I have read about SID issues and the DI cassette issues. Are there other major issues that I can expect to deal with?

Is oil sludge a problem with the v6 as well?

And lastly, is the 9-5 a good, reliable vehicle? It is very good looking and the heated seats, leather and moonroof are nice, but I don't want a pretty lemon!

Thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks,

Bluesman

Reply to
hotblues20

The service manager at a local Saab dealership told me to stay away from the V6 engines. that they have caused a lot of trouble....

Sorry, don't know what the specific issues are....hope that helps

Reply to
johnrafter

The service manager at a local Saab dealership told me to stay away from the V6 engines. that they have caused a lot of trouble....

Sorry, don't know what the specific issues are....hope that helps

Reply to
johnrafter

The service manager at a local Saab dealership told me to stay away from the V6 engines. that they have caused a lot of trouble....

Sorry, don't know what the specific issues are....hope that helps

Reply to
johnrafter

Not all of the V6 engines are the same. The main (major) problem people have had with the earlier GM V6's was with timing belts breaking and the attendant valve damage. If you get the belt replaced as scheduled, and do all the other preventive maintenance as scheduled, they can be good engines too.

The later turbo V6 engines (as in the new Aeros) are supposed to be quite peppy. But the jury is still out on longevity as they have not been around long enough to know.

Reply to
Fred W
82,000 miles on my 2001 9-5 SE and no problems with the engine at all.

Reply to
hummahumma