2001 9-5 Aero Brakes

I have recently bought a 2001 5-speed manual 9-5 Aero and the brakes and rotors need replacing soon. Mile Hi Body Shop sells SAAB OEM parts and it looks like $750 (I am in Colorado, USA).

I see many aftermarket rotors and pads online. PBR is much less than $125/set for pads. I can probably get the parts online for less than $400.

What to get or stay away from? Do some discs or pads squeal a lot?

Mile Hi parts manager says Aero discs are different from regular 9-5 but online parts seem to quote same parts for both (3 different sites). What's up with that?

My labor for replacing brake pads and rotors is really not significant, compared with the effort of schlepping the car back and forth so I plan to do this myself, as usual.

Car has 64k miles, oil pan removal/sludge test came out with flying colors!

Any constructive advice is appreciated - thanks in advance!

Charles

Reply to
Charles