coolant level keeps dropping.

I have a 2006 9-3 Aero. The coolant level has needed refilling twice in the last 5 months. Has anyone had this same problem? There are no leaks that I can see or find, no marks on the garage floor. Any help or ideas are welcome

Thanks

Norm

Reply to
Norman Boyce

A leak that small will be very difficult to spot just by looking a it

- the water will evaporate from the hot pipes or the block before it builds up enough to notice.

I would take it back to the dealer. They should be able to pressure test it while you wait, and sort it out under the warranty. Don't hang about either. If it turns out to be the head gasket, it could be causing more damage.

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

Oh, I took it to the dealer this morning. It has the new 2.8 ltr V-6 with the water cooled turbo. The car has about 7000 miles is all. I heard that the 9-3 Sport Combi Aero has a problem with the reservoir cracking, but the

9-3 Sport Sedan didn't. I would seem to think that the 9-3 Aero SS or SC have the same coolant reservoir. My dealer is very good. They actually demanded I bring it to them today. I will keep you advised as to the problem and the fix.

Thanks Norm

Reply to
Norman Boyce

I have a 2006 9.3 Aero (Australian). Done 10,000 km. A couple of months ago my coolant level warning light came on and I had to top it up. As with you there was no obvious leaks. I took it to the dealer and they pressure tested but found nothing. I'm checking it regularly! Pete

Reply to
pmg

A friend of mine has a 2005 9-3 which had a mysterious coolant leak. It turned out to be leaking from the turbo...

John

Reply to
John B

Reply to
Norman Boyce

Just checked the level again. It hasn't dropped since the service centre checked it 6 weeks ago.....hoping!! Pete

Reply to
pmg

Same things happened to me years ago. Turned out to be a leaking heater core.

Reply to
ngu

Just got car back from dealer. No leaks. They left the car under 15lbs of pressure over night and with three people looking, no spots on or in car, no puffs of steam or smoke out the exhaust. What the general consensus is, that the 2.8 ltr motor has some low pressure spots, or air pocket areas. The dealer has noticed that the light comes on at about 1500 miles and then again at between 5000 and 8000. No lights after that. GO figure!!!! Just keep an eye out and I am going to keep dates as to when fluid was added.

Norm

Reply to
Norman Boyce

That's what the dealer did with my car and the same....no leaks. The light came on at about the same mileage as yours. A common anomaly it seems. I haven't had to add fluid since that episode, several months. Pete

Norman Boyce wrote:

Reply to
pmg

You need to tighten the clamps on the back flow line into the reservoir. Small vapor leak probably.

Reply to
darthpup

I had the same thing going on with my 9-3 Aero '06 sport combi. Computer sent an alert but the dealer can't find anything.

My wife just received a reacall from Saab about coolant problem for her '03

9-3

"pmg" a écrit dans le message de news:

454f92f6$0$15890$ snipped-for-privacy@news.>> I have a 2006 9-3 Aero. The coolant level has needed refilling twice in
Reply to