Coolant Level

I posted a while back about my coolant warning light coming on, the level does seem to be dropping over a period of weeks/miles. I can't see any lose
hoses etc. I was thinking of running some of that stop leak addittive through the system. Anyone got any ideas what the problem might be ? Its not a major leak. The level in the top up tank goes down by about 2 inches max and the warning light flickers when its cold.
The car is a peugeot 306 D Turbo 1997
Thanks In advance
Mark
Mark wrote:

quote 'The level in the top up tank goes down by about 2 inches max'
If it only drops by 2" then stops then what is the problem.The working level in my tank must be about 2" from the top. There has got to be some allowance for expansion.
Bob
--
To Reply directly to my mailbox, change myisp to ntlworld

Hi, I have a peugeot 306 xldt and the Coolant Level Warning light comes on. I regularly check the level and it is fine. Have just taken it to a garage and they say I need a new radiator, but the sensor is not on the radiator and I'm not loosing water, also the temperature gauge never goes above half hot. Does anybody know where the Coolant Level Sensor is located? Cheers Gary
Hi,

I regularly check the level and it is fine. Have just taken it to a garage and they say I need a new radiator, but the sensor is not on the radiator and I'm not losing water, also the temperature gauge never goes above half hot.
Duff sensor, then.

Nope - but try the local Library for a Haynes manual on the car, and see whether that'll tell you. As far as 'new radiator' is concerned - 'total cobblers'.
Regards,
Phil Andrews

lose
not
If you put something like rad seal in it may stop a leak, or it may cause even more problems by blocking waterways up! Have you had the head gasket done recently? What sort of mileage has the car done?