how to install front turn signal on Saab 9.3

Threaded View

I have a 1999 Saab 9.3 and the other day, the right hand turn signal
mysteriously disappeared, leaving only the power connectors behind.  I
ordered a replacement from the Internet, and can connect the lights
and they function correctly.

My problem is physically placing the turn signal into the frame.
There are several clips and a screw that appear to hold the unit in.
However, I cannot figure out how to set all the clips correctly.  Is
there a trick or particular method of sliding the turn signal into the
frame to insure the clips mount the signal into place correctly?

Thank you, James

Re: how to install front turn signal on Saab 9.3

On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 19:24:53 -0700, "James P. Howard, II"

Are you sure you've got the right part? I seem to remember it being
easy, though the workshop manual has a note saying "Be careful when
fitting the light cluster so that the hook in the front edge and the
guide in the rear edge are aligned with the headlamp."

There should be a torx screw just behind the headlight to hold it in.
Presumably that'll either still be there, holding in a broken bit of
the old cluster, or it'll be missing completely.

You could always  experiment with the one on the other side.

Cheers,

Colin.

Re: how to install front turn signal on Saab 9.3

I am pretty sure it is the right part.  It does look like the other
side.  The screw has been removed temporarily.  I can either fit the
front end and the back will not work or the other way around.

James

Re: how to install front turn signal on Saab 9.3

On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 12:08:11 -0000, "James P. Howard, II"

I fiddled with one on my 2001 car ages ago whilst I was replacing a
headlight glass. It seemed to just slide in and out without any
effort. Perhaps I just got lucky. OMG - double entendre overload!

Cheers,

Colin.

Re: how to install front turn signal on Saab 9.3

On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 12:08:11 -0000, "James P. Howard, II"

There are only two attachment points that matter. On the rear there is
a little clip that hooks behind the fender. On the front, the one
screw at the top holds it in place.

You just plug in the connectors, slide it back, and put the screw in
from the top. The only time I've seen problems fitting one is when the
fender is a little bent. You might want to pull the other side out and
look at how it hooks in.

It should take less than two minutes to do this. If it takes longer,
you're trying too hard. :-)

Site Timeline