Rough Start on 1996 900s

I have a 1996 900s, non-turbo model, around 175K. Occasionally it is tough to start, and at times I can't get it started, especially in cold weather, but not always when its "freezing" out; I live in the Northeast. When starting rough, rather than just turn the key and have it start up as normal, I need to repeatedly turn the key, hear it cough and misfire, while I pump the gas trying to get it to catch, and once it catches I need to rev the engine to keep it going and get it warmed up. After doing this for a few minutes it then runs fine ... Last year I got a new starter, plugs and wires, fuel pump and ignition switch trying to cure this, yet the problem seems to be back with a recent spell of very cold weather, although I got it started, with the above routine once the weather recently got warmer ... any suggestions, short of moving to CA?

Reply to
Michael