Saab sale has found it's final funding!

From an official Koenigsegg pressrelease today:

"Statement regarding BAIC Koenigsegg Group made an announcement at 12:15 today Today Koenigsegg Group announced that they have entered into a Memorandum of Understanding with Beijing Automotive Industry Holdings Co. Ltd. (BAIC), the aim of which is that BAIC will acquire a non-controlling minority stake in Koenigsegg Group. Importantly this partnership means that Koenigsegg Group does not need any further governmental financing and it opens up further opportunities for the new Saab in the Chinese market. Jan Åke Jonsson, Managing Director of Saab Automobile said: "This is really good news for Saab. It brings us one step closer to creating a stand alone company, and a relationship with BAIC opens up a lot of opportunities for Saab in China, one of the most expansive markets in the world"

Reply to
Henrik B.

And within 6 months you will be able to buy a fake in Hong Kong for =A350= =20 ;)

--=20 Carl Robson Get cashback on your purchases Topcashback

Elder

Saab Automobile said: "This is really

I haven't come across any fake Konnigsegg cars yet. 8-)

Craig.

Reply to
saab_o_naut

f Saab Automobile said: "This is really

Yeah but do Koeniggseg have any interest in China. Almost everything=20 made (under license) in, or sold in China at a premium has at least one=20 if not several copies, quite often made in the same factory, by the same=20 staff, and sold on the local market and on Ebay. The problem came about=20 when western companies didn't fully understand Chinese law regarding=20 copyright etc, and gave them a license to make copies of their product.

--=20 Carl Robson Get cashback on your purchases Topcashback

Elder

I've just been reading the one of Koenigsegg's financial backers has pulled out, so the whole thing is back in turmoil. A difficult birth for SAAB :(

Reply to
PJGH

"PJGH" skrev i meddelelsen news: snipped-for-privacy@33g2000vbe.googlegroups.com...

You need to catch up - that news is over one month old. At was the reason for BAIC to step in. Actually Saab has already started production of the upcoming new Saab 9-5...

Reply to
Henrik B.

"Henrik B." gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

No, this is new-news, but it's also not real news, according to SaabsUnited.

Reply to
Adrian

- snipped-for-privacy@33g2000vbe.googlegroups.com...

My comment on the 26th was from reading the article on SU on 26th September:

... and more again today:

That was "old" news? It read like it was hot off the press, but if it was over a month old I wonder why he held back so long before posting. Sure, I probably need to catch up, but I'm not very interested in SAAB as it is now. The new model kind of killed off and already waning impression of my beloved brand :(

Reply to
PJGH