It's official: Koenigsegg buys Saab...

It's announced today on Swedish television.

Koenigsegg buys Saab together with this Norwegian moneyman:

And should anyone NOT know who Koenigsegg is - this is Koenigsegg:
Couldn't be better!! :o)))))

Reply to
Henrik B.

"Henrik B." gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Let's hope so.

We don't know who the money is behind Koenigsegg, only that it's been checked and seems to be there, and we don't know what they can actually bring to the party in terms of skills or technology or partnerships.

Reply to
Adrian

The buyers stated that they needed 10 engineers to create the fastest car. With 1000 engineers, there should be possibilities for 100 car models or some cost savings

Reply to
Balo

At last! An owner that appreciates motor sports instead of an owner that appreciates only cost savings and homogenizing.

Of course, homogenizing with Koenigsegg would not be a bad thing!

Reply to
me

This is one of the most inscrutable acquisition/mergers, on a global scale, in recent memory.

We'll see what comes of it, but compared with GM ownership there is plenty of room for optimism.

Reply to
-b-

Try "Total room for optimism!" as anything is better than what GM did to car makers that it accquired over the years. GM could take any good car, and turn it into a mass-market, cookie cutter shared design, faster than you can say "Crap!"

Reply to
PeterD

Shame about the Jaguar XF, XJ. Ford has taken away any Jaguar identity.

Reply to
johannes

Well, at least the chrome jaguar itself is still on the hood. But I think that's the only part of the identity that's left.

Reply to
me