Cool and wellmade Saab-page..

A new aircraft???? Saab Automobile has basically had no relation with Saab Aircraft since the 90'ies. They have declined to participate in most common Swedish research programmes since GM has cut down their research budget. How many Saab Automobile engineers are left that has any relation with the aircraft people? Probably none.

Reply to
th

"th" skrev i meddelelsen news:k2Clm.11079$ snipped-for-privacy@newsb.telia.net...

Where's the strange in that?

It's about heritage or moreover - feelings/passion.

What I'm wondering, since you're so critical towards Saab (Automobile), why you even bother commenting or even read "in here"?

Reply to
Henrik B.

Basically Saab has forgotten that the main reason for owning a car is that you want to get from point A to point B and not get stuck in point A or point C. I have been owning Saab cars for 25 years without problems but with the 9^5 the quality is really bad and you cannot rely that the car is taking you where you want to go. How can we be sure that the new

9^5 has a better quality than the old model?
Reply to
th

"th" skrev i meddelelsen news:jmClm.11081$ snipped-for-privacy@newsb.telia.net...

Well, since the Saab 9-3 SS is the best Saab ever build, I'm confident, that the new Saab is pretty good (quality).

Reply to
Henrik B.

Well, if you try to google on saab 9^3 and problems or reliability you get a different picture (also for the later models). It doesn't seem to be better than the 9^5 concerning build quality. If you compare with the later 9000 models the difference seems obvious.

Reply to
th

"th" skrev i meddelelsen news:k%Clm.11083$ snipped-for-privacy@newsb.telia.net...

I don't give at rats ar** about what goggle can tell me. I know from owners, journalists and long time Saabmechanics, that they've never owned/worked with a Saab that is that stable, and has had that few errors. All cars has flaws and errors - some more, some less (eg. Toyota). But in general, the 9-3 SS has a quality way higher than older Saab's.

Yes, in Saab 9-3 SS's favour....

If you expect a 100% troublefree car - buy a Toyota (or a Skoda).

Reply to
Henrik B.

Haha! They may have a reputation for reliability, but I wouldn't go so far as to say 100%. I agree though, in that my Saab 9-3 has been the most reliable car that I have owned.

Aaron W. Hsu

Reply to
Aaron W. Hsu

Hah, funnily enough, apart from one Range Rover which I had far too much faith, every car I have owned has been a Saab,Skoda or Toyota/Lexus. Currently on the latest Lexus phase because when I was replacing the

9000 I didn't fancy the 9-3 hatch, the 9-3SS was too pricey still, and The missus moaned that the 9-5 was too big.
Reply to
Elder