voltage surges - 900s 1993

I've noticed lately that while night time driving, the headlights dim , like in power surges. I thought it was maybe my imagination, or the result of driving on un-even roads..however.. today, I got in, started the engine, and the interior coolling fan was on. I noticed the same thing... surging..while the car was sitting still, with just the engine turning over. So, there is definitely a problem there. The pulsing/surging is too regular to be a belt slipping.. could it be worn brushes? I'm not that well up on these things, and I live in the wilds.. so any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Nichollette

Reply to
nichollette

Yes, or the voltage regulator, which in the 900 is one unit with the brushes. Cheap and easy to replace.

Reply to
MH

Are you running the air conditioning when it surges?

Reply to
DervMan