1995 SL1 Service Engine Soon Light

This light went on in my Saturn earlier today, so I quickly rushed it to the dealer and am waiting to hear from them. Why: because about 2 weeks ago I had an ugly breakdown in my car which could have been avoided with some preventive maintenance, so now I'm paranoid since it was rather expensive to repair. Question: I've heard that sometimes the SES light goes on just for crap like dirty exhaust rather than anything really substantive. When the dealer calls me back, what should I consider to be "crap" and what should I take seriously? In other words, I'm looking to avoid any expensive dealer scams here. Christmas is coming up and my wallet is weakened already from the last problem. :-)

Please help.

Steve C.

Reply to
Steve Christianson

well steve my advice to you is, you should have check the engine code that the SES light was giving you. all you have to do is go to autozone and ask for a GM code key. that would have told you the exactly what your car is telling you whats wrong. that way you could have avoided the dealer telling you some code that was not a code at all. so next time when your SES light comes on get a GM code key and find out the truth for yourself.

Reply to
KentS