Liftgate gas springs

Opened the liftgate today on the '01 lw300 and it promptly dropped and hit my head...

Just ordered two gas springs to replace the failed ones from AutoZone. About $20 each plus shipping and tax, came to almost $50. Was a special order that could not be shipped to the store. Of course, I could have ordered it at the store but had a bad experience doing that once before.

Those were the original gas springs, so can't really complain. I had a Chrysler minivan before the Saturn and had to replace the liftgate springs every five years. Oppie

Reply to
Oppie