Saturn SL1 A/C problem.

Hi,

I have a 1994 Saturn SL1 with an A/C problem. I've disconnected the green wire that plugs directly into the connector at the top of the compressor. There is voltage at the end of the wire when the A/C switch is on, but the compressor won't kick in. The wire and the connector are making good contact when plugged in. Anyway, directly applying 12v to the connector on the compressor will get it to run fine. There is a diode inside a small splice connector a few inches from the end of the green wire which also seems fine (as far as I can tell - I'm not sure what it does). Any ideas on what the issue might be, or what else I can check?

Thanks,

John

Reply to
JohnB