Wipers

I have a 2000 SL1 and when I shut off my wipers, instead of coming to rest at the bottom of the windshield, they stop in the complete upright position. Other than that, they work fine. Is there anyway to easily correct this, short of going to the dealer?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
huckleberry_hound

Oppie

Reply to
Oppie

Reply to
Oppie

Reply to
Oppie

Reply to
Oppie

Reply to
john

I'm sorry-"WAG remove"?

Reply to
huckleberry_hound

If you are still living with this issue...I pulled the cowl off of my 96 SW2 following Haynes manual. Found that it's pretty easy for wipers to get into this condition.

The positioning of the motor shaft to wipers' actuator arm is not keyed in any way. There is no slot, keyway or such to assure when the motor is rotated intoto its 'down' position that the arms are really down. This is probably intentional design to limit damage should the wipers get obstructed.

The actuator arm is held onto the motor shaft with nut. They can get out of sync if the nut gets loose enough, and/or the wipers hit a lot of resistance with the wiper motor running. The fix only requires a good wrench and some Loctite...once you get to the motor assembly.

The hardest part of the job is in getting the plastic cowl off without cracking it. Based on good advice in other postings, I carefully worked mine off with the hood in a few different positions.

Hope this belated response helps you or others.

Reply to
Nick