2000 I30 Wipers

Here is my wiper "horror" story. I just got 2000 I 30 with 61K and had to replace the wipers. I got a 17 inch Bosch for the passenger side. For the driver's side, I needed a 26 inch one but Bosch doesn't make them. So, the guy at Strauss recommended Michelin and I got a 26 inch Michelin. What a mistake! The first time it rained, this Michelin wiper would wobble and make a grinding noise. After an hour trip, it left black rubber skid marks on my windshield. The Bosch passenger side wiper worked like a charm. So, I went to Autozone and decided to get a 26 inch Anco wiper to replace the Michelin one. And this is where I noticed that the Anco one had a narrow attachment assembly so the wiper arm hook fitted tightly. However, the Michelin wiper had a wider assembly and would wobble from side to side if held parallel to the windshield. So, what's up with that? Aren't all 26 inch wipers supposed to be standard? Also, the Anco one works well now, it still make a little squishing noise at the point where it gets all the way up and starts returning back down. Is that normal? If not, what to do to fix that? Bend the wiper arm a bit?

Reply to
Steve B.

Buy nissan inserts? I bet their inserts would have been 1/2 the price you've spent trying to avoid using dealer parts and will last 3 times as long. Anco wipers are crap and bosch inserts last a year at best.

Reply to
Steve T

Reply to
john smith

I believe Anco is fine, BTW, Nissan gets wiper from Trico and I don't see the difference between Anco and Trico. But problem is, even among Anco, or Trico, there are differences in quality. if you buy more expensive one, they do the job good. cheaper one, you just have to pay the same money in the long run 'cause it lasts shorter.

Sang

Reply to
Sang Hoon Joo