found wrench underfloor board, from Studebaker factory mechanic?

I lifted up my back carpet on my 64 Daytona Convertible and low and behold there was a 5/8 wrench. I assume it was left by the factory. Could that be possible? It is a Lectrolite with number 2016 on it on one side and says 5/8 Trufit on the other.

Reply to
Don Smith

John Poulos

When I restored Big Bertha, I found a cartoon drawing in the familiar white grease pencil on the backside of one of the front panels beside the rad shutters that was done by a factory worker.

As for brand-X's, my neighbor many years ago bought a '65 Chrysler sedan brand new, and had a loud "BANG! BANG!" at the rear end when he drove over railroad tracks, etc. which happened from day one. The dealer replaced the shocks, springs, checked the rear end, (all under warranty), and then two years later when the neighbor had pulled the rear seat to install a rear speaker, he stumbled across a tack hammer with 'Property of C.C." stamped on the wooden handle. I clearly remember him showing my dad, another neighbor, and myself the tack hammer, and how his noise problem was solved thereafter. I could go on with a couple of more, including one of my customers who had a deforster duct rammed with an empty cigarette package in his 1990 GMC truck that fell out on the floor when he turned the heater on. Again, that truck involved trips to the dealer since day one as his windshield wasn't clearing on the one side, and it was a cigarette brand not sold here where he it concluded it was an illicit 'factory install'.

Craig.

Reply to
studebaker8

Young Matthew found a lost wrench of mine at the SDC SE zone meet (while he was polishing the shiny stuff) under the hood..

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Digging thru my Transtar frame when restoring it I found a Studebaker socket. . .and I lost it, more like miss place it. But its not in the frame.

Reply to
Rick Courtier