18 or 22 inch wiper blades????

Hi All,

I went to look up some replacement winter wiper blades for my 2006 Forrester. I got:

Which gives me a part number for a 22 inch blade and a part number for an 18 inch blade.

Okay, I am confused. What is going on? By chance, are the left and right side two different sizes? And what about the wiper on the back windows?

And, are there better third part blades than these?

Many thanks,

-T

Reply to
Todd

Your post prompted me to measure mine and they are different on my

2008 and 2003 Foresters with drivers side on each ~2 inches longer. Go measure yours. I've only replaced the driver's side blade on the '03 with one bought at Walmart which works fine.
Reply to
Frank

Most subarus are different lengths side to side. Just buy both sizes, then see which matches with which side before you take the old ones off.

Reply to
weelliott

Some of the recently re-designed wiper blades for newer Soobs (Forester and STI) will fit some older models and the 08 STI blades I bought from Jamie at subarugenuineparts.com for my 06 WRX wagon are awesome. You can check with them and also check the Forester Forum or nasioc.com .

You can also get wiper blade refills from Subaru or perhaps elswhere if your blades still seem OK.

I also recently bought soem Trico ExactFit blades for my wife's 03 Outback - MUCH better than the Michelin radius which began chattering after 4 months!

And many cars use different size blades L-R and rear/5th door.

Reply to
1 Lucky Texan