17 vs. 18 inch Snow Tires for 2005 Maxima SE

Anyone have any opinions on using 225/55/17 snow tires (along with new

17 inch wheels) on a 2005 Maxima SE? I was looking at packages for tires plus wheels and also packages that include JUST the 245/45/18 tires and the prices seem to be about the same.

-Jeff

Reply to
Jeff OTF

225/55/17 is really wide for a snow. 245/45/18 is even worse. Narrower is better for a snow tire roads. I might even drop to a 16" if I were you.
Reply to
Retro Bob

Will 16" tires and wheels fit on the 2005 SE?

Reply to
gone2me

i have a 2001 maxima and the 17 inch snow tires were to expensive i went to a jumk yard and got 15" rims for a 95 maxima and put snows on them for less then the cost of just the 17 inch tires. but before you do that i would suggest finding out if the 15 " rims have the clearence for the calipers.

15 snows for 95 max wheels were $39 a peice compared to $150 for the 17's
Reply to
joeydirt2001