2000-2004 Outbacks Flex Fuel Capable?

I'm wondering if any of the 2000-2004 (or 2005+) Subaru's are flex fuel capable being able to handle E85? If not, is the modification to the fuel system possible to allow it?

Reply to
Bradley Walker

Not on the approved list yet!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Edward Hayes

Well, if they are not now, how the f*ck would they get there later? Like, the 2001 Scoob sitting in the driveway is suddenly going to become a tea totaller?

So... "No" is probably a more accurate answer.

Reply to
Funkadyleik Spynwhanker

The reason may be smart A.... is the factory may be running some tests to determine if any of the fuel system components would be at risk. Thinking before typing can be a good thing.

Reply to
Edward Hayes

This should be fun!

Ron

Reply to
Freedom55

Hi,

Your owners manual probably has a blurb in there about how much alcohol the fuel system's capable of handling safely (in the early '90s, when "gasohol" was pretty scarce, the books said only around 10-15%--about what's being used in some "clean burning" blends today.) So, while it's possible there may be mods possible, or, as Ed suggests, ongoing testing reveals new knowledge, I'd figure E-85's a big enough "hot advertising item" right now the manufacturers are going to get the maximum "bang for their buck" telling us which vehicles ARE E-85 capable. Subaru's been quiet so far...

Rick

Reply to
Rick Courtright