2003 Forrester Brake Pads

Anyone have any recommendations on what kind of disk brake pads are the best for a 2003 Forrester?

Or ... should I just stick with the Subaru OEM parts?

Tks much in advance

Mel

Reply to
Mel

Subaru OEM

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Yes, Subaru OEM pads and rotors.

To get something that'll work as well will cost you just as much.

If you're just doing pads and keeping original rotors, definitely stay OEM.

You may find that it's worth having the dealer do them once you find out the cost of the pads alone...

Reply to
Todd H.

There may be some aftermarket a little cheaper that are as good - dunno. But the OEM are quite good for 'daily driving' and seem quiet too.

probably $60-$70 bucjs though, even from an online discount dealer like

. Not sure though. Also, check
for some decent prices on aftermarket. If you do have the dealer perform the service - challenge them with the on-line price. They may come down some on their mark-up. It's helped me on a coupla occasions.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

FWIW, I got Akebono ProACT Ceramic Pads from tirerack.com and, although the price was practically the same as OEM from subarugenuineparts.com , I am much happier with them. The breaking is noticeably better and they are as silent as any brakes can ever be. OEM was squeaking pretty badly, particularly when wet - and the dealer couldn't do anything about it.

DK

Reply to
DK