2003 Rear Brake question

03 forester xs

I never changed rear disc brakes before. I removed the rotor because I was replacing them too and notice a drum brake system setup within the disc rotor.

Question #1 Is this just for the emergency brake? I looked for a cyclinder and didn't notice one.

Question #2 Should they be changed too. The brake shoes had maybe a round

3mm life left.

John

Reply to
John

Yes, what you see is the E-brake. If the E-brake still holds I won't bother replacing them. They should outlast the life of the car.

Reply to
johninKY