Awesome news

Having owned Subaru, Toyota, and GM products, I was happy to see this:

This is GREAT news for Subie.

Reply to
B a r r y

Why is it GREAT?

Reply to
Touché la Tortue

I can't say, but I was a Saab owner from 1991 to 2005. I saw GM meddle with Saab and I was mostly unhappy, especially with the way GM recently dismissed all Saab engineers and designers, to save money. Then again, Saab didn't have much chance of survival anyway, because of its relatively small size.

I don't know of any GM meddling in Subaru, though.

If the stake in Subaru was making money for GM, the sale of that stake means they need the cash more than the income, which indicates desparate times for GM. This is probably good news for Toyota and other investors. Not sure what it means for Subaru (really Fuji Heavy Industries).

Tom

Reply to
Tom Reingold

This is better news

Freedom55

Only if you want a Honda hybrid. Which I don't...

Reply to
Jim Stewart

I think he means to scroll forward to:

Wagon: Subaru Outback Wagon The Outback has the benefits of an SUV -- all-wheel drive and extra ground clearance -- without the high fuel costs and that pesky social stigma.

Reply to
Blair Baucom

'cause Toyota makes good cars, and GM makes crap.

Reply to
B a r r y

There are two Toyotas on that list, as well.

Reply to
B a r r y

In the future I'll be in the market for a car. The Outback is currently on my short list.

Having Toyota as a partner can only be much better than GM. GM had nothing to offer Subaru technically. I just rented a GM Impalla- comfort OK, but driving enjoyment UGH! My '95 Concord is much superior to the '05 Impalla.

Toyota has much to offer- leading edge engine design and quality vehicles.

Reply to
Spam Hater