brakes on 01 Outback - Consumer Reports

The magazine had many great things to say about Subies, but noted that the 2001 Outback's brakes were problematic. They didn't say in what way.

I googled this group for it, and saw lots of post about squeaky brakes. Nothing about suddenly failing brakes or the like.

What was the problem with the 01 brakes? Was a recall involved? Is there a fix? Thanks,

Reply to
John Rethorst

John Rethorst wrote, in the most obfuscated way, the following:

I believe the complaint is that they feel "soft". If you've ever felt the brakes in a Volvo, think the opposite. If you browse through this group, you will see some posts about the suspected cause of the softness as well as some suggestions for reticying the feeling.

CbG

Reply to
Crabby Gator

Reply to