Fumoto oil drain valves

The Fumoto oil drain valve people are offering a 15% discount through the end of the year. I'm posting their announcement here as a public service. Please let's not get drawn into another long discussion regarding whether these will drain the final eighth of an inch of oil from your oil pan.

I will attest to the fact that they work, and also to the value of reading the supplemental instructions that state that the valve might be kind of tight the first time, so you are advised to open and close it a few times, possibly using pliers, before installing.

-----

Dear Valued Customer

Thanks for your interest in Fumoto Engine Oil Drain Valve. If you have already purchased one, we are sure you have enjoyed using it for Quick, Easy and Clean Oil Changes.

YM International Co., Authorized online retailer of Fumoto Engine Oil Drain Valve, wishes to provide you and your friends with a SPECIAL 15% DISCOUNT OFFER to thank you for your supporting our business and celebrate the Holiday Season.

Using SVC5 as a discount code, you and your friends will get 15% OFF when ordering at online store:

This Special Offer is for limited time only. Expiration: 12/31/03

Thank you for your business and happy oil changing!

Best regards,

Yoshi Mizukami GM- YM International Co.

P.S. Please take this oppotunity to send this unique product as a gift to your families and friends. They will be glad you did!!

This offer expires December 31, 2003.

Reply to
BBB

I have one. Excellent quality of construction and leak proof. The only drawback I find they have is as following. The first time I installed one on my 96 Legacy, the little locking lever was tucked behind the valve and I tought this was cool and probably bilt in at the conception stage. I had then to replace the oil pan and on the new oil pan, when the valve is properly torqued, the little lever is hanging down and could catch on something and maybe open the valve if I'm unlucky. I intend to use a tichker whasher at my next oil change. So if you buy one, have more than one washer to make an adjustement if necessary.

Reply to
Gilles Gour

Reply to
Edward Hayes