Fumoto Oil Drain Plug 4 '98?

I'll be going to my son's this weekend to "help him" with some car repairs.

He bought a Mustang awhile back ('98 V6-232 3.8). I've helped with a couple of repairs on it, but I'm not real familiar with it and he's not much of a mechanic, but he's slowly catching on.

Anyway, one of the things we'll be doing is changing the oil. No big deal, except I'd like to put a Fumoto drain valve on the thing to simplify this in the future. But if I remember, the Mustang is pretty low to the ground. While the fumoto works well on most cars (including my two low to the ground Toyotas), there are a few rigs where it's better not to tempt fate.

I can buy the valve locally, but probably not where he lives, so I'd rather know before I go.

Anyone have any ideas?

Reply to
timbirr

Fortunately, that motor is ridiculously easy to work on and there is a LOT of room in the engine bay compared to the V8. It's a good motor to learn on.

I don't think it would be an issue at all. The pan isn't THAT low to the ground.

Cheers,

Reply to
Ritz

Thanks, then we'll give it a try.