Good mail order OEM parts source

Just picked up the 1st oil filter for my wife's '06 Impreza sport wagon at Chaplin Subaru in Bellevue WA. 12 bucks. Yeeesh. I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good mail order OEM parts dealer.

TIA

Dan

Reply to
Dan

wait tell something breaks, these vehicles aren't cheap to fix..

Reply to
Punch

Reply to
Edward Hayes

I think that IS Chaplins!

. A 6 pack with crush washers was a little over $38 (but over $10 shipping). Thanx for subsidizing MY purchase!

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Yeah, here's part of my invoice; >>>>>snip>>>>>

Products

1 x Oil Filter + crush rings *6 pack* - Turbo (15208AA100) = $38.22 1 x Subaru Touch Up Paint () = $4.98 Vin or Color Code Enter VIN or Color Code in COMMENTS section

------------------------------------------------------ Sub-Total: $43.20 United Parcel Service (1 x 10.5lbs) (Ground): $10.36 Total: $53.56

Delivery Address

------------------------------------------------------ Carl Downey

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Sounds good to me. I pay $5.99 for the premium Purolator oil filter at my local auto parts shop. I should ask them for 6-pack pricing to compare.

Reply to
BobN

Ed-Thanks for the reply, for some reason the site won't work now, I'll try later.

Dan

Reply to
Dan

Yeah, I think that's a good option as well (after market). The car was at the dealer for a warranty repair on a water leak in left taillight, So I thought I'd just grab the 1st filter (1st time to change) while I was there. If I had been thinking, I would have pressed them for a better price (which I've done when buying filters locally for my Evo) but I just didn't think of it.

Dan

Reply to
Dan
1stsubaru.com. Good prices.
Reply to
bigjim

Reply to
Edward Hayes

That's got it, thanks Ed!

Dan

Reply to
Dan

Thanks, I'll take a look.

Dan

Reply to
Dan

The worst part is that you might have one of the BAD filters---they've had problems with multiple lots and line numbers leaking lately.

One safe route is just going with a Champion Labs filter, marketed under WalMart's house label. Cheaper, good rep, no leaks.

Reply to
CompUser

Thanks for the reply, I just changed the car's oil today, filter looked fine (not that I inspected it in detail... ) I'll keep an eye out for leaks. I noticed when checking the online parts sources that apparently the number has changed, from 15208AA100 to 15208AA09A. The filter I got was the former. Thanks for the tip on the after market brand, I see in some brief searching that Champion is indeed supposed to be a good design. Also the NAPA/Dana/Wix brand, which has always been good & which I've used on other cars, maybe I'll check them as well.

Dan

Reply to
Dan

I've been casually following the Subaru OEM filter leak thread over on NASIOC, and at least one of the replacement/changed filter versions that was supposed to solve the leak problem, is leaking too. All the spec numbers are available there...it was enough to utterly discourage me from ever bothering with a genuine Subaru filter.

Reply to
CompUser