Goodbye to a.a.s

Hi All!

Well, I have sold my last remaining Subaru, retired from the U, and turned off my Supernews subscription, so this is a final farewell to one of my long+time favorite newsgroups.

I plan to spend some quality time with my hobbies, ride my mule George every day, and stay away from the computer as much as possible.

Y'all take care, now

ByeBye! S. Steve Jernigan KG0MB Laboratory Manager (RETIRED) Microelectronics Research University of Colorado

Have fun. I enjoyed reading your comments.

Reply to
Tim Conway

Steve,

We will miss you. I also have a soft spot for mules. Wonderful animals. Enjoy your retirement.

John

Reply to
johninky

You'll be back. Retirement can get quite boring unless you have lots of money to occupy your time spending it (vacations, gear for hobbies, spouse, kids, grandkids). When you come back, head on over to the alt.free.newsservers group to find what is the then best free NNTP server (albasani and eternal-september are good ones now). Unless you find watching television is really that satisfying, you'll be back to the computer to wile away your free time between your hobbies and after you injure your back after getting thrown from the mule.

Reply to
VanguardLH

diesn't every hobby have a newsletter or Forum?

heck, I'm a hobby gemstone faceter and I have multiple hobby-related discussion groups to choose from!

Reply to
1 Lucky Texan

Be sorry to see you go. You always were the "voice of reason"

However, once you do all those outstanding jobs 'round home, and sat around in the sun saying "I don't give a sh*t" then you'll be saying "I'll be back"

BTDT

Cam

Reply to
bugalugs

From a Sub-burro to a mule: Progress?

I'll miss your vastly informative posts.

Thanks,

--ben

Reply to
Ben Jammin

NO! Say it isn't so!

A great resource that will be sorely missed. Thanks for all the great advice and ideas.

Reply to
Hachiroku

We'll miss you , dude! Enjoy your retirement in Colorado.

-- Harv

Reply to
gotbent

I really appreciate your friendly and helpful attitude. Thanks for all the good info over the years.

-lurker-

Reply to
shorty