Hi, all, new to this group

First, I have read about a month and a half's worth of posts and haven't seen any reference to a FAQ. Is there one for this group and if so where is it, please? I don't want to piss off anyone here.

I just bought a 69 Coupe today, although I actually won't have it until at least next weekend. Got it at a place locally here (Metro Phoenix, AZ area) called Arizona Mustang Mart. They seemed like decent folks. Anyone here have any experience with them? (Yes, I should have asked that before I bought the car :-) ) Paid $1000 USD for it, it is basically a rolling chassis, which is really all I could afford. It seems rust free and doesn't have any major damage. I plan on putting the 302 and C4 from my 68 Ranchero into it at some point. I also my try putting the GT hood scoop with the working turn signals from it onto the Mustang as well. BTW, anyone around here want a rough 68 Rancher rolling chassis REAL cheap?

Which brings up my next question. I came across a book on Ebay that says it crossreferences parts from other Ford models that will work on Mustangs. Anyone familiar with this book and is it worth getting? I am not going to be building a concours type car, just basically a restomod(yes, I have been reading the Mustang magazines this past week) and would like to upgrade as much as possible while being on a really limited budget. I am looking at a 4 year or so time frame for getting this car on the road, so I am not in a big hurry. :-)

Just in case anyone wonders, this is my ideal Mustang. I had one in high school in 76-77 (yellow and I cruised Central a lot if any one here was around Phoenix back then) and am looking at recreating that car with some newer technology.

tia, russ

Reply to
Russ Osborne

No, I don't think there's an FAQ here. There is a charter somewhere, I think, maybe BillS has it. This place is pretty easygoing, if you follow two fundamental rules: don't spam, and don't post binaries (pictures). Mostly, don't post binaries. Welcome aboard! I lived in Mesa for about 8 months, once, in the early

90's. Gawd, it was hot.
Reply to
RayS

(pictures).

I plan on moving to Arizona as soon as I can get some ocean front property there..

Sorry Kate, but when the big one comes, you better learn to swim!

Matt

Reply to
Matt