Outback shift gear stop

One of my peeves about my 2001 Outback has been that the auto shift lever too easily drops down into 3rd. When you pull back from park all the way down, it drops to 3rd. Even after all of these years,I sometimes don't realize this until I've driven several miles on the freeway at too high an RPM.

Now, the gas prices push this issue into sharp relief.

Have they fixed this in newer models?

Chris

Reply to
Not A Speck Of Cereal