Re: Adhesive to reattach rubber footpad?

First clean both surfaces with a scrub brush and allow to dry. Then use ordinary GE Silicone Sealant which is available at any Home depot. Put a bead 1/2 way in around the whole pad and then "squish" it into place and then let it dry for 12 hours. (aKa overnight) I've used GE RTV in a tube for everything from plumbing seals to water jacket gasket fabrication to outdoor Sat TV cable connection insulation and it has yet 2 let me down. When it dries to rubber it's darn near impossible to seperate anything stuck together with it and it lasts for Years.

We have a 2000 Subaru Forester, and recently the rubber footpad (to the left > of the brake where the emergency brake would be, if it were a foot pedal) > just fell off. Apparently the adhesive they used wasn't mixed right or > something, because it came off all at once. > > Anyway, to reattach it, I need an adhesive that will bond carpet and rubber > (or rubbery plastic, I can't be sure). Does anyone know what I should be > looking for? > > Thanks! > > (BTW - we love this car, it's been great!) > >
Reply to
OkracokeMailbox