2011 Ford Focus Seats

Hello, all. My 2011 Ford Focus SE is not quite a year old and, while I love the car, I recently began noticing that my butt can feel the seat springs through the seat cloth while sitting in the driver's seat. It's akin to what you feel lying on a coil spring mattress that is 10+ years old. Definitely not like when new.

Since I haven't carried many passengers to-date I sat in the front passenger's seat and noticed immediately how much firmer the seat was. Isn't it too early for the (foam?) in the driver's seat to be tired out? (BTW I weigh 135 lbs). Thanks for your time and comment.

Reply to
J.B. Wood

The lower seat cushion cover is relatively easy to remove. You could take it to an upholstry shop and have them add some additional padding. However, if the car is under warranty, I'd just take it to the dealer and ask for a fix. It might not help, but then again it should.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White