89 g.m. 3.8 harmonic balancer -right or left thread pattern??

The harmonic balancer in my 89 riviera is seperated at the rubber and making a bad noise. I have my impact ready to go but question the right or left handed thread pattern.Also, would it be a ok to heat that big bolt up if I can't get it to move???

Reply to
ronssilverado

Shep

Standard rh thread. Heating up the bolt won't do much good, you will be heating the entire crankshaft - not good for the engine. Using a good impact wrench at over 100 psi at the wrench, not at the compressor, (120 psi is better) will get the bolt out.

Reply to
« Paul »