harmonic balancer

The rubber has degraded in the harmonic balancer on my B230FT, the timing mark has slipped about 30 degrees and I know it's just a matter
of time before the sections separate entirely. I've seen new OEM brand ones available in the $130 range and aftermarket for about half that. Does anyone have experience with the aftermarket versions? Are they worth getting? I've seen some aftermarket parts that are equal or better than OEM, but others are crap. I don't want to get screwed by junk and have to buy another new one but I don't want to spend double on the same thing either.
I've had some trouble with the harmonic balancer on my ol' 90 model 740 with the 230F but haven't had to replace it yet. I don't think I would be afraid to use the IPD place out of Oregon for that part. Bruce Burrus

Bruce wrote:

I haven't checked IPD yet for that part, but usually their prices are around double what the other mail order places charge. The advantage is that IPD offers many unique products and their support is pretty good.
When I tried to pull up the price on the balancer it took me to wheel rotors? So I couldn't get a price but I do know what you mean. Some things are higher there. Hirch out of Phinex is another good place. I got an A/C compressor from them and they stood behind it well when the time came. Anyway, good luck with the balancer.