'97 Dodge 2500 Cummins Spin-on Fuel Filter Adapter

Does anybody know of such a beast? My neighbor (with a car lift in his garage, so I can score major points if I can give him an answer) is looking for an adapter to replace the fuel filter canister in his truck with a spinon fuel filter. Living here in So. Cal water in the fuel tank is not much of an issue, so he's willing to swap that risk for ease of fuel filter changes. On the same hand, is anyone aware of why an adapter may not exist?

TIA for any help/answers you provide!

Michael Kress

'84 MB 300D 246 Kmi '99 Dodge RAM 2500 Diesel 86Kmi (barely broken in!)

Reply to
Michael Kress

yep, is called 'prime-loc' (PRIME-LOCation) also re-locates filter to much more accessible location... sold through "Geno's Garage" 1-800-755-1715 (if you don't know of "Geno's Garage" then join the Turbo Diesel Register! shame on you both for not being members!!!!)

Walt K.

'90 W350 SRW Cummins-power (there is no substitute) '01 3500 4x4 Cummins ISB-power (275HP injectors and no-waiting)

Reply to
Walter Koziarz

my '91 has a spin on filter. maybe they changed in the later years. i also note that the fuel filters for the VW diesel fit ok as my water detector has gone leaking. i deep sixed the detector and change the filters more often.....cheaper, too. sammm

Reply to
sammmm