fuel filter '97

My mother has a '97 mustang, can anyone tell me where the fuel filter is? Thanks

Reply to
Danny Ferraro

Under side of car close to front of the fuel tank and rear end.

Reply to
GILL

Get a repair manual if you really hafta ask that.

-Mike

Reply to
memsetpc

I'm gonna reply: "It's in the fuel line, the one that goes from the tank to the engine" next time someone asks that.

Or just ask:

"Do you have ramps or jackstands?"

snipped-for-privacy@perlcoders.com opined in news:NcEXa.2121$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com:

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Neither is needed to replace the fuel filter on a '97 mustang. I can get under there just fine with the car sitting on it's wheels.

Reply to
Brent P

No. I am 6'4" and probably weigh like 220lbs atm, and easily fit or reach under most cars to a point. I also change the oil on the mustang with all four tires on the ground.

I don't use one.

I suggest you stay way from diesels then :)

Ever read the manual on that? if you don't have the special tools to connect up to the fuel rail it's easier just to control the resulting spray at the filter. least that's how I did it the last time. If there is an easy way to depressurize it I don't know it. I know my dad's MX6 had an easy way, but I haven't learned of one for the 4.6 mustangs.

Reply to
Brent P

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Brent P) wrote in news:_It_a.94273$ snipped-for-privacy@rwcrnsc52.ops.asp.att.net:

The manual I was using (haynes ugh) said to disconnect the power to the emergency fuel shut-off switch and run the engine until it dies. I did this and when I took the fuel line off of the filter, the gas came out but it was obviously not pressurized, but I did have the misconception that most of the fuel would be gone since I ran the engine.

-Arjay

Reply to
Arjay