A technical question on batteries in general.

I'm shopping for a deep cycle battery to power fans, lights, etc in a small camper. I don't have a strict size limit as I'll buy the box to fit whatever battery I get.

An Optima "Yellow Top" D51 will probably give me enough power and the

26 lb weight is reasonable.

As I shop, I see an "alphabet soup" of letters. (E.g. "Optima 9071-167 Yellow Top Deep-Cycle Battery" on eBay.) It's the model D51, but what does the "9071-167" mean?

Actually, a pointer to a resource where I can go read about it would be better for me than a long explanation.

Jones

Reply to
!Jones

Ever heard of "Google"!!!