car want start

i have a 2000 cav. will start for 1 sec and shut off .sec. light on can i bypass theft lock system? replaced pcm. bcm. ign. switch. i was told it is in my lock and tumbler switch the security runs threw it spent to much money now .can i bypass security theft sys, so it will start? need my car back soon. thanks for all your help.

Reply to
bill2000cav

Shep

Try using simple capitalization and punctuation - your message is impossible to read as is.

Reply to
John S.

Bill, I had this problem with chev suburban, easy free fix for me was:

Turn ignition to Accessory mode (electronics on), Remove NEGATIVE terminal from battery for 2 minutes ( causes car computer to reset and forget the 'key' it expects in the ignition) Hook battery back up. start car.

It's reasonably safe and free and fast, and it worked for me after the Chevy dealer failed to fix the problem in two days of troubleshooting.

The now keep a CARCHIP from Davis, it allows me to reset the computer without doing the battery thing. Sadly, the car hasn't failed in two years since I did the battery thing.

Let me know if it works for you!

Tom

i have a 2000 cav. will start for 1 sec and shut off .sec. light on can i bypass theft lock system? replaced pcm. bcm. ign. switch. i was told it is in my lock and tumbler switch the security runs threw it spent to much money now .can i bypass security theft sys, so it will start? need my car back soon. thanks for all your help.

Reply to
Tom

have.I`m sorry.

Reply to
bill2000cav

tried turning switch on for 20 minutes then i turned it off tried to start but didn`t.gust like always runs one second then shuts off guages don`t work right . Don`t know what to do? thanks

Reply to
bill2000cav

tried unhooking battery for two minutes that didn`t work nice try though. any other sugestions?thanks alot

Reply to
bill2000cav

Try to start car, when it quits leave key in run position for 10 mins or until sec. light quits flashing, then turn key off for 10 secs. repeat first step again when light quits flashing turn key off again for 10 secs. then repeat one more time, after 3rd time car should start and run. This is called the password relearn procedure.

Reply to
martinsauto

Try to start car, when it quits leave key in run position for 10 mins or until sec. light quits flashing, then turn key off for 10 secs. repeat first step again when light quits flashing turn key off again for 10 secs. then repeat one more time, after 3rd time car should start and run. This is called the password relearn procedure.

Reply to
martinsauto

Reply to
Shep

View this thread:

philthy

carwill start and run but the sec. will come on and stay on will not flash , stays on and on the milage dislay it says error. still stumped. thanks for all your help.still trying

Reply to
bill2000cav