gurgle in my cooling system

Have a v6 Toyota 4runner. Have had a pinhole leak in the top of the rad, near the cap, for a while. I put in Bars Leak, out of necessity. After about 4 months started to feel guilty so I decided to get it flushed and see what happened. Took it to the dealer for a flush, change thermostat and fill ($200) Jan 10th. . Mechanic said there was a tiny pinhole leak and said to be sure & check levels occasionally. So I used an epoxy and covered it over. Very soon after I get a gurgle in the system. Most pronounced when accelerating from a stop. Took back to dealer who now said the system was sucking air through the pinhole and there was nothing they could do about it except replace rad ($640). I'm not sure the leak is still there and need to check this. Any thoughts or advice? thanks in advance

Reply to
neon

Go to a good independent radiator shop. They deal with these problems every day and can offer you the best solution at a price which is usually much more reasonable than a freaking dealership.

Dealerships usually don't repair radiators themselves. They often prefer to jab you for $600 for a new one or, if they can't justify that, they send it out to the same radiator shop (which you need to find) and then charge you double or triple for it.

Reply to
HLS

Reply to
neon