Hi all '86 Fith avenue RWD 5.2l 318 v8, 111000 orig miles noise question

86 318 sedan. I've owned it since '99. For about two years I have had ready to use in my garage and double roller timing chain, and a new water pump, but I haven't found a mechanic that wants to work on the swap. Now, I hear some faint metallicrumbling/clanging under the hood and thought it might be the timing chain. So far performance is not affected, but I am definitely driving the car gingerly. Thought it was suspension/or breaks, but Pep Boys just sold and installed a new set of shocks and sent me on my way. Breaks aren't acting weird or anything, but sometimes the sound is located / sounds like on bottom end area, which made me think suspension/breaks. I really don't want to wait and mess up the car worse. Any comments appreciated?

Steve

Reply to
Steve P.

Steve

Short of going to the dealer there should be somebody where you live to do this job. I did mine a few years ago before I sold the car. Took me about 6 hours. Bob AZ

Reply to
RWatson767