Intermitant starting problems

I have a 1999 Sebring convertible with a 2.5 Litre V-6. The car runs fine but at random times the car is completely dead when the ignition key is turned on, or it cranks the starter very slowly and then goes dead. The next morning the car starts fine. The alternator and battery are new within the last 2 weeks. I brought the car to a mechanic who checked the starter out as okay but the car would not act up while he has looking at it so he couldt get a computer diagnosis on it. He suggested maybe oil seeping from the valve cover gasket dripping on the starter may be a possible cause. Any ideas?

Doug and Patty

Reply to
MRTYMCFLY

Loose cables at the battery, or on the starter or the ground to the engine block.

Reply to
Noozer