new design

i wonder to know can i divide a 4 cylender motor into two cylender without any change in disign?

Reply to
ali1342

Not exactly sure what you want or what you are asking, but about 25 years ago I had to work on an agricultural "tire truck". This was a truck where the main purpose was to go out into the farmland fields and fix rear agricultural tractor tires. This truck had a four cylinder motor on the back of it to pump out the calcium chloride that they sometimes put in rear tractor tires. (Long story why they do that. Basically to add weight to the tractor) ANYWAY, this engine had the two middle cylinders set up to be a compressor. The front and the rear cylinders supplied the power and the two middle cylinders were made into a pump using a special cylinder head.

I wouldn't recommend doing this to any engine. There's just too much excess weight still moving with the engine that is just being a parasitic drag.

Reply to
Kruse