Junkyard Yellow 'Marker' Paint

When I've bought parts from a yard sometimes they hastily dab their initials or a date or whatever on the part with some sort of yellow paint. (maybe to identify a part they sold for warranty but who know...) I haven't been to one or bought anything in a long time. But I've found this paint to be very easy to see and darn tough to get off after the fact. There's been the occasional project that I could use some on too... Anyobdy know what they use and where it's available through?

thanks

Reply to
loadhawg

Junkyards sometimes mark parts with yellow paint. It is highly visible and tough to remove. I could use some of that paint on other projects. Anyone know what they use and where it's available? ______________________________________________

Your local junkyards will know. Call them and ask.

Rodan.

Reply to
Rodan

They're called Paint Pens/Markers. Any descent auto parts store has/can get them. Any place that has art supplies. Some are a small squeeze tube with a roller ball on the tip. I have white and yellow. Great for timing marks. Setting timing and doing timing belts. Marking vacuum lines... lots o things!

willy

:-) And when you already got one, than you could even mark your old parts before you return them to the junkyard for a refund, right ?

Reply to
Pszemol

I got some junkyard tires that a year latter still have the yellow marker on the side walls. If you could paint a car with it it would last for ever... ;)

Bob

Reply to
Bob Urz