Keyless Remote

Just purchased a 2008 Town & Country. It came with only one keyless remote (fobik) and I'm thinking of ordering one online for the dealer to program. Has anyone purchased one online and if so was it as advertised and did it work properly. I'm thinking of ordering from "Keyless-Remotes.com. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks, Squeaky Knees

Reply to
Squeaky Knees

I have never ordered a fob online, but a lot of people around here have done so, and it has been a subject of much discussion in the past.

Some people got them to work quite easily.

Others didnt, and were very frustrated when nothing seemed to work.

We did, however, buy a Ford key and fob from a local locksmith, and he worked for a couple of hours on it. He had the expensive computer used to do this installation.

The key worked, the key never did. He suggested that my sister take it to the dealership and see if they could do anything with it. Frustrated, I dont think she ever did it.

You pay your money, you take your chances.

Reply to
hls

My bad...key worked, fob never did..

Reply to
hls

If you have a smart phone, I think there is an App for smart phones that will let you lock and unlock the doors and also work the ignition with your smart phone.I don't have a smart phone or a cell phone either. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Cujo, Some of that smart phone business is urban legend; aka, scam. Let the buyer beware.

By the way, my mower deck has worn slap out.. Any clues where I can buy a new one??

Reply to
hls

My old 20'' lawn mower.Last Friday when I was mowing my yard, the handle pulled off from the mower frame near the left rear wheel, and the left rear wheel, that part of the mower frame is rusted so badly the wheel was almost ready to fall off.A guy who lives behind my house, he has a back yard full of junk.He handed me an old junk lawn mower, but the frame is still in good condition.When I started working on removing the engine from my old lawn mower, all three of the bolt heads broke off.I can make a steel patch for my old lawn mower frame and drill out the broken bolt studs from my engine and get it working ok again, I might do that someday.But in a couple of days I am going to the Walmart store and buy a new 20'' lawn mower for $125.00. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Mine is a 38 inch mower deck... Tractor and deck cost me roughly one K.

I just need to replace the deck.

Reply to
hls

Check with some lawn mower repair places in your area, one of them might have a junk good mower deck sitting around.I have seen them in scrap iron yards too. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I'll do that.. Got the price on the new "shell" for the deck and it is ca $300. I can get a complete new tractor and deck for $1k. And a goat might be even cheaper.

Reply to
hls