knocking on accel/braking on ice

Mormons.

Reply to
.

What a silly thing o say.

Reply to
The Real Bev

You find not liking right-wing, backward, fundamentalist, religious hypocrites silly. Really? Guess again.

Reply to
.

No, but I don't see how it hurts the beauty of the state.

Reply to
The Real Bev

But your above question didn't address that. It's tantamount to asking what's not to like about (fictional) hell, it's never cold there.

Reply to
.

If I spent time worrying about the religious beliefs of others WHICH DO NOT AFFECT ME IN ANY WAY I wouldn't have any time to watch cat videos on facebook.

As a visitor, I'm not even aware of them, with the exception of the houses, pointed out by a friend, with two completely separate entrances and (presumably) internal partitioning. Not my problem. They chose to live in a beautiful place and be self-sufficient, and it's hard to argue with that.

I do like it that god told them that polygamy was bad at just about the same time as the US government said it was and that if they kept it Utah couldn't join. Practical people.

Repeat: 80mph speed limits are really nice.

Reply to
The Real Bev

Your VERY wrong. Nations laws are commonly heavily influenced, when not fully set, by fundamentalist religious tenets.

Or that black men could now be elders in the church. How very convenient, as I informed my young EE PhD mormon prof in '78. Women however are still not in the club, as they continue not to be in most religions.

Yeah I guess their gawd must have realized hesheit was wrong and changed their minds. mormons' gawds keep a finger in the wind and can't withstand or otherwise well handle political pressure.

Repeat? I don't remember reading that verbatim remark before ;)

Reply to
.

As is our own, and I object to that. Religion has NO part in a civil government. Pray on your own time, not mine.

Not my problem. It's a private group, they can do whatever they want. Women can wear burkhas if they want, s long as I don't have to do the same. I may think that religious beliefs are stupid, but unless they affect me it's none of my business.

Conceptual repeat. Bite me.

Reply to
The Real Bev
*** ***** ******* *** ********* What's not to like about a state with an 80mph speed limit? *** ******** Mormons. *** ******* What a silly thing o say. *** ****** You find not liking right-wing, backward, fundamentalist, ****** religious hypocrites silly. Really? Guess again. *** ***** No, but I don't see how it hurts the beauty of the state. *** **** But your above question didn't address that. It's tantamount to **** asking what's not to like about (fictional) hell, it's never cold **** there. *** *** If I spent time worrying about the religious beliefs of others WHICH DO *** NOT AFFECT ME IN ANY WAY I wouldn't have any time to watch cat videos on *** facebook. ** ** You're VERY wrong. Nations laws are commonly heavily influenced, ** when not fully set, by fundamentalist religious tenets. *
  • As is our own, and I object to that. Religion has NO part in a civil
  • government. Pray on your own time, not mine.

SHOULD have no part, but as any conscientious person understands, it clearly DOES.

*** As a visitor, I'm not even aware of them, with the exception of the *** houses, pointed out by a friend, with two completely separate entrances *** and (presumably) internal partitioning. Not my problem. They chose to *** live in a beautiful place and be self-sufficient, and it's hard to argue *** with that. *** *** I do like it that god told them that polygamy was bad at just about the *** same time as the US government said it was and that if they kept it Utah *** couldn't join. ** ** Or that black men could now be elders in the church. How very convenient, ** as I informed my young EE PhD mormon prof in '78. Women however are ** still not in the club, as they continue not to be in most religions. *
  • Not my problem. It's a private group, they can do whatever they want.

No, they can not, sorry. Commerce laws alone give lie to that claim.

  • Women can wear burkhas if they want, s long as I don't have to do the
  • same. I may think that religious beliefs are stupid, but unless they
  • affect me it's none of my business.

The US is ostensibly a secular nation; nonetheless, many of its laws continue to be steeped in religious and other superstitious beliefs.

*** Practical people. ** ** Yeah I guess their gawd must have realized hesheit was wrong and ** changed their minds. mormons' gawds keep a finger in the wind ** and can't withstand or otherwise well handle political pressure. ** *** Repeat: 80mph speed limits are really nice. ** ** Repeat? I don't remember reading that verbatim remark before ;) *
  • Conceptual repeat. Bite me.

Thanx for the offer, but I'll pass.

Reply to
.

When Utahans peruse a copy of The Book of Mormon and then go out to kill infidels like me, I'll care about Mormons.

Until then, meh.

Reply to
AMuzi

NO ABS. Period. No ABS light on the dash. The lines from the master cylinder go to a small 2-4 splitter that has no electrical connection. And, I certainly know what ABS sounds/acts like. The car does NOT have ABS.

And, the caliper mount is not worn.

gbeccles

(OP) For the record, after the above incident, the car developed kind of disturbing steering problems. I replaced the rack and intermediate steering shaft. In similar driving conditions yesterday, the noises noted above did not recur.

Reply to
gbeccles