mk4 golf juddering on braking

mk4 golf 1.6 auto T reg

When braking at about 50 there is an auwful but controllable judder on the steering wheel and the car then pulls to the left ?

Booked in at the garage but curious what it is ? ...They are picking it up on a trailer as they said its unsafe to drive.

Hopefully nothing too exxpensive or serious.

Reply to
munki

grit between disc and pad. massively worn pad/disc.

hardly 'unsafe to drive' if you could get to the garage slower than 50! good excuse for a bill to transport tho!

Reply to
Blah

It could be almost anything from a soft suspension bush to a thoroughly knackered ball joint or sticking caliper. Without having a look it's rather difficult to tell.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

My money is on warped discs. But would not bet on it unless I had a good look.

Reply to
Peter smith