Nissan Sentra 88 starter problem?

My Nissan 88 has one of the most reliable starting system I 'ver seen... until yesterday when I started the car just heard a click sound from the relay, try it couple times and it start. The problem seems to be random then. Sometime with luck it will start the first time, some time I have to try a couple "click". I think of some bad electrical connections or the starter itself is worn out (it's is the original, and my car is 220k miles now) please give some suggestion, I want to fix it.

Thanks alot.

Reply to
Marlboro

I would guess that it is time for a new starter and a good clean on the connections. Cleaning the connections likely will get a bit longer on the starter, but it is for sure pretty worn at that miles and the connections all need cleaning too at that age.

Mike

Marlboro wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Hi Mike, Thats what I though, but I would like to clean the connections, cables, relays, switches... before replace the starter. Do you have any idea what's the most suspiciuos components need to take care first? Thanks,

Reply to
Marlboro

The ground circuit should always be first on the list since current flows from neg to pos thru a circuit and pos to neg thru the battery

Reply to
Mad Dog