'88 Sentra

Yep, in all likelyhood that is the problem.

Reply to
Steve T

My '88 Sentra Classic will run fine for weeks at a time then suddenly die while driving down the highway. Even more strange, it will restart when ' cooled ' down 30 to 45 minutes later. Then engine itself is not overheating. However when it happens there appears to be no spark to or from the coil. Coil replaced, same issue. Now it has sat for a few months, and have plugged in a " Snap On Scanner MT2500" electronic sensor equipment, however I have been unable to duplicate the stalling problem and everything shows normal. Obviously I am mostly totally ignorant of engines and their electronics, but is it likely that this could be easily repaired by changing out the Distributor?

Reply to
Mcgraw